- Provider of municipal services for the Greater Rotterdam area
- Competitive production units
- 50+ sites, 5,000 employees
- High availability of services
- Improved accessibility of staff
- Operational cost reductions
RotebOver a million residents and thousands of companies in the Greater Rotterdam area benefit from the services provided by Roteb, the municipality’s waste-management and public-cleaning department. These include waste collection, street cleaning and pest and vermin control. In addition to these services, Roteb has been successfully setting up production and contracting units in areas as diverse as bicycle assembly, truck leasing and green-area maintenance.
Roteb sees customer service, transparency and accessibility as key success factors. In order to truly function as an integrated, customer-orientated business, Roteb switched to a single Aastra MX-ONE® VoIP configuration for the entire organisation in 2009. The department’s 5,000 employees operate from over 50 locations, and up until 2009, they all had their own phone and fax numbers, PBXs and call centres. The accessibility of the organisation as a whole was at an insufficient level.
"All three parties involved – Dutch telecom provider KPN supplies all the connections –worked together very well. The project’s benefits and risks had been clearly mapped out right from the start. Looking back, not only did we meet all our objectives, but the whole project was delivered on time and within budget!"
- Aastra MX-ONE®
- Voice-over-IP communication
- All 50 on-site call centres and PABXs replaced by a single solution
- Enables 24/7 availability
- Any member of staff can now be contacted using a single number
- Increased manageability and decreased operational costs